Saturday, December 21, 2013

The end of 2013...

Hard to believe another year has almost gone by.  In a couple of short days we will be celebrating our 7th Christmas with Kassi.  Wes and I were talking the other day about how hard it is to remember what Christmas was like without her.

The biggest event of 2013, for us, was Kassi starting kindergarten.  We have been blessed with great teachers who see her potential and try to find ways to challenge her.  I am so appreciative of them.  Yesterday we had a chance to speak with her reading teacher for a moment, she told us that in her 24+ years of teaching she has never had a student like Kassi.  She said she is one of the kindest, most considerate children.  That does my heart good.  I admit I do boast about my kid, I think all parents should boast about their kid(s).  Kassi doesn't really like it though, she will talk about her achievements some, but doesn't ever want to offend others.  We also got to go to Kassi's Christmas party in her classroom yesterday.  I even got Wes to go!  It was so much fun.  I love spending time in the classroom.  Kassi's teacher asked if I had ever thought about working in the education field...can't lie I would LOVE it.  Just wouldn't work right now.

Other things of 2013...
-I finally realized what I want to be/do when I grow up...too bad it just isn't in the cards for me right now.
-Wes bought snowmobiles again.  Those that knew Wes before I did, know why this is a BIG deal.  I have to laugh, because when we had motorcycles we never had just one.  It was like they magically multiplied.  Now snowmobiles seem to be the same way.  It started out as one that he picked up for $20, then next thing I knew there was another one in the driveway, and then another one...  Oh well as along as he is happy.  Our first trip out is supposed to be this coming week.
-We finally made a decision about where to live.  While we would love to be out of town, there are just too many things going on so we will be staying in town.  It is probably for the best.  Who am I to think that I could handle maintaining a bigger place with my allergies and asthma the way they are!
-We finalized our house plans!  The new one will be so nice.

What's the plan for 2014?
-Kassi starts the Stargate program, for gifted and talented children, in January.  This is a big deal!  They do not have a program for kindergartners so she will be working with a first grade class.  January 14th we meet with the head of the program, her kindergarten teacher and the principal to discuss Kassi's scores, where to go now, etc.  This will have her going to a different school on Friday's.  She is really excited about this.  When she took the test to see if she was eligible for the program she came home and told me she did the funnest things she has done yet.  At that time she did not know she was taking a test...
-Right now  the plan is to break ground on the new house March 1st.  I have no idea what we are going to do with our current house, but we will get it figured out.


No comments:

Post a Comment